Who benefits from the KEi and how?
Business will improve productivity and launch new enterprises through:
- Easier access to Australia’s data science talent to work on business challenges.
- Having a trusted intermediary to make data available to researchers for insights.
- Access to partners and their commercial-grade IoT technology to enable new business models and start-ups.
Government benefits through:
Having a key service to stimulate digital innovation driving productivity, exports and jobs.
Saving money by having one national institute providing a professional platform and data services to all universities and research organisations.
Creating greater research impact with a systematic way of getting research out of the lab and into business.
Research organisations will improve research outcomes and impact through:
- Access to rich data sets at lower costs.
- Professional data services and support.
- Greater opportunities to work with industry solving real problems.
- More opportunities to commercialise and demonstrate impact.